i have two question
1> 1 megabyte is 1 million bytes or 1024 * 1024 (1048576) bytes?
2> what is the Difference between Mibit/s or Mib/s and MB/s or MBps and Mbit/s, Mb/s and Mbps MiB/s or MiBps?
1> 1 million bytes per second (8 million bits per second) (per the IEEE’s definition)
- 2> The more commonly seen definition of 1024 * 1024 (1048576) bytes per second (8388608 bits per second), seen commonly in many usages.
In most of the way 1 megabyte = 1024 * 1024 (1048576) bytes were taken in account but few years ago
The IEEE has proposed that computers should follow the SI prefixes, and use “Megabyte” to mean 10^6 bytes, not 2^20 bytes, which has been done historically. And thus created all the confusion over which definition of a megabyte one is actually using.
To over come from this confussion
By the end of 2007, standards and government authorities including IEC, IEEE, EU, and NIST proposed standards for binary prefixes and requiring the use of megabyte to strictly denote 10002 bytes andmebibyte to denote 10242 bytes.
|kilobyte (kB)||103||kibibyte (KiB)||210 = 1.024 × 103|
|megabyte (MB)||106||mebibyte (MiB)||220 ≈ 1.049 × 106|
|gigabyte (GB)||109||gibibyte (GiB)||230 ≈ 1.074 × 109|
|terabyte (TB)||1012||tebibyte (TiB)||240 ≈ 1.100 × 1012|
|petabyte (PB)||1015||pebibyte (PiB)||250 ≈ 1.126 × 1015|
|exabyte (EB)||1018||exbibyte (EiB)||260 ≈ 1.153 × 1018|
|zettabyte (ZB)||1021||zebibyte (ZiB)||270 ≈ 1.181 × 1021|
|yottabyte (YB)||1024||yobibyte (YiB)||280 ≈ 1.209 × 1024|
Prefix: k vs Ki
Suffix: b vs B
See this for example and clear all things
1> Megabyte per second
A megabyte per second (MB/s or MBps) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:
- 1,000,000 bytes per second, or
2> Megabit per second
A megabit per second (Mbit/s, Mb/s, or Mbps) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:
- 1,000,000 bits per second or
3>Mebibyte per second
A mebibyte per second (MiB/s or MiBps) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:
- 1,048,576 bytes per second, or
4>Mebibit per second
A mebibit per second (Mibit/s or Mib/s) is a unit of data transfer rate equal to:
- 1,048,576 bits per second or
You may like to read this also....
Search in this website
- sagar on List of all standard version of c language
- Mohit Dhukia on How to access/unblock songs.pk in india?
- shinto peter on How to configure mail from localhost ( wamp ) using PHP?
- tammylleanne on Implementation limitation of c programming language
- Deepak on How to access/unblock songs.pk in india?
Find us on Facebook
Find us on stackoverflow
- Audio/video Recorder & player application based on MATLAB
- check dependency of your binary
- defination of all standard c programming language function
- Great Question-Answer on c programming
- know what your c code means
- Limition of c programming language
- List of all version of c programming language
- Online c compiler
- php freelancing work
- some more stuff on C programming language
- Volatile Keyword in Embedded System
- Write Android application in c language